Moving Insurance Las Vegas
Placing A Value on Your Shipment
The contract that you will sign with us provides two options for placing a value on your shipment. The value that you select sets the limit on our maximum liability for loss or damage to your goods. These optional levels of liability are NOT insurance agreements that are governed by state insurance laws, but instead are authorized under Released Rates Orders of the Surface Transportation Board of the U.S. Department of Transportation.
Before you sign the contract (bill of lading) with us, you must decide how much your articles are worth and declare a value on your shipment.
Option 1 – Full Replacement Value Coverage
This is the most complimentary plan available for the protection of your goods. When you select this option, articles that are lost, damaged or destroyed will, at our option, be either repaired back to the condition at time of move, replaced with articles of like kind and quality or a cash settlement will be made for the repairs or the replacement of the articles at their current market value, regardless of the age of the lost or damaged articles.
This coverage is available through MovingInsurance.com
1-888-893-8835 or MovingInsurance.com
*MovingInsurance.com is a third party insurance company.
Option 2 – Released Value 60¢ Per Pound Per Article
This is the most economical option available. This level of protection is provided at no additional cost; however, it only provides minimal protection. Under this option we assume liability for no more than 60 cents per pound per article for loss or damage. This means claims are settled based on the weight of the individual article(s) multiplied by 60 cents.
- We assume no liability for particle board, flake board or pressed wood items.
- We assume no liability for cartons, containers or boxes packed by anyone other than Champion Movers.
- We assume no liability for money or jewelry. This must be moved by owner.
- We will NOT transport flammables or firearms.
- All items exceeding $100 per pound must be listed on Extraordinary Value Inventory and will be subject to further documentation. Otherwise these items may not be covered.
Champion Movers has Cargo, Liability & Auto insurance coverage. We are insured for $1 million, with a $2 million aggregate when the Nevada state minimum is $750,000.CALL TODAY (702) 876.2343