During the packing process, it is easy for you to get into that groove of packing non-stop just to finish up a room or to get ahead. While that may be efficient and can help you stay on track to have everything sealed away in a box when move out day arrives, it can also set you back. When a long day of packing has wrapped up for the night, and you go into your bare bathroom, you realize that you packed away all your toiletries in a random box somewhere. Your move out day isn’t for another week, so now you must rummage through boxes to find your essentials. To avoid this setback, Champion Movers made a list of things that you will need to keep unpacked until the morning of your move.
Keep Your Essentials Handy
Moving is stressful, take these precautions to make it easier
- Bathroom: Essentials such as a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, brush, deodorant, etc., are all things that should remain out until the morning of your move. This will allow you to do your daily routine before you start the moving process.
- Kitchen: Leave a few plates, glasses, and utensils out with a few pre-planned meals before you move so you can save money from eating out every night. Plus you’ll need the most important meal of the day!
- Clothes: Arrange a week’s worth of outfits to save time and stress trying to figure out what to wear for the week and the move. Keep out work clothes, pj’s, and a pair of tennis shoes and flip flops or whatever you think you’ll need for a week without your closet fully stocked.
- Electronics: We suggest keeping technology like your wifi hooked up until the time the movers come. You may need to send some last-minute emails or make some last-minute moving changes. Don’t forget to leave your phone charger out, so your phone doesn’t die then you are frantic to find it during the craziness of the move!
- Cleaning Materials: You want to keep your house looking clean and fresh even as you are walking out the front door for the last time. Put aside some all-purpose cleaner, gloves, a sponge, paper towels and glass cleaner to do last-minute touch-ups on bathrooms and kitchens!